Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Approach...New Mind Set...New Plan...

Alright, so I had a mild break down the other day when I last posted. I have been quite frustrated with all that has been going with me and my PCOS. I felt like I was giving up on my PCOS, my husband,and my hopes of having a baby. I gave this a lot of thought and realized that I didn't want to give up my dreams of having a baby and giving up the hope for my husband to have a baby. I know he wants to be a daddy and I know more then anything I want to be a mother. This is not the time for quitters and not the time for giving up on anyone. We have come this far and we have been through so much and we love each other and I am going to keep trucking on. 

So with that said, and now with the new mind set comes a new plan. I have been having some prolonged bleeding. Let me just say this... this is not the business of PCOS I tell you. I have never felt more uncomfortable in my life. It is just freaking constant. The only time I get some kind of relief is when I am laying down and resting. Other then that, during the time that I am active and moving around and running errands and what not (living my life) I feel like I am freaking Niagara Freaking Falls. 

My last period August 29th-September 5th 
since then I have been having brownish bleeding/spotting till about 4 days ago (October 23rd)I started my period (I guess if thats what you want to call it)

I have been taking a double dose of iron (so I wouldn't feel lethargic from all the bleeding) and vitamin D. Hasn't really lightened my period any. Just made it a little more tolerable I guess.

I did a lot of research and tons of reading of what I could do naturally that would help with not only my PCOS symptoms but as well as help me achieve a healthy pregnancy. I also have checked with my doctor and spoken with her to see what might be right for me. Though what might be right for me maybe different for someone else. I do not have a regular period and have a hard time ovulating. I belong to a couple of Facebook groups that are pertaining to PCOS and talked to many women and have done my own research on many of the things I am going to be discussing. 

I have been trying to eat healthy for about 6 months now and it has just not been cutting it. I have been trying to loose weight for some time and NOTHING is working. I have taken the plunge that many women have... I have decided to go paleo. What is paleo you ask?? Well its "a diet based on types of food presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting of meat, fish, veggies, and fruit and excluding dairy, grains products and processed foods."-google It has been a hard change but one for the better. I haven't given up dairy because I don't indulge in a lot of dairy as is. I am a non-milk drinker so I have decided that having yogurt is an okay source for me. I do not have it daily but more as a treat because it is on the sweeter side. 

So while I am watching what I am eating and trying to exercise a bit more. My husband and I are going to start walking nightly on the nights that he's home. 

Along with that, since I am not going to be seeing by my doctor till November I have decided to try a few more natural and herbal choices. Now, just a reminder I have discussed and been in contact with my doctor and she knows what I am doing and the choices I have decided to make. She has okayed them all prior and I advise any of you to do the same if you are in the same predicament. 


The first one I have decided to try was Myo-Inositol. It is a naturally occurring substance belonging to the B complex family of vitamins by acting as an insulin-sensitizing agent. It helps promote  proper hormone balance, ovarian function, egg quality, menstrual cycle regularity. 

Myo-Inositol maybe be particularly helpful with women who suffer with PCOS. This also may be taken with Ova-boost. 


So along with the Myo I am taking the OvaBoost. This is a natural formula that promotes egg quality and ovarian function. This formula also contains Myo-Inositol as well. Women who are suffering from PCOS have found that the extra boost in the Myo helps with regularity of their period. It is highly recommended for women with PCOS to take this fallowed with the Myo. 


This is another gem that I found that I thought I should be taking as well. I know this all seems like a lot to take but I am hoping that all this will be worth it in the end. Anything is worth it if the outcome is a little baby in my tummy and in my arms at the end of this road. Anyways, Fertile CM is designed to improve cervical mucus quantity and quality to help you conceive. This is a vital part of trying to have a baby. Let's be real ladies some women who have PCOS do not get a good production of cervical mucus. I don't really have a problem in that department but I am going to take it anyways because I feel it couldn't hurt at this point. 


This is a fertility supplement to promote hormone balance and help you conceive. I know for me, right now my hormones are so out of wack and I know anything at this point couldn't hurt. 

Right now these are the 4 natural remedies I am going to try before my doctors appointment in November and see if I notice a change in my self and or my period regularity. I would love for this to help and do something naturally... Ladies, any of you wonderful women out there who have tried these supplements... let me know how they worked for you in the comments below. I would love to hear from you and see what you thought about them? What are you doing to get a more healthier you? What are you doing to get your fertility back on track to achieve a healthy pregnancy? Well ladies, I am going to bed because it is late and my eyes are seriously almost shut at this point. Good Evening Lovies! 





No comments:

Post a Comment